While doing work for one of my customers, I’ve come across the following problem: it is quite complicated to set up different language for WordPress admin panel without knowledge of coding.
However, I’ve found very easy way to do that.
First of all you have to download the plugin called Admin in English. This plugin lets you have your administration panel in English, even if the rest of your blog is translated into another language. But what if you run German blog and want to have admin panel on Russian? Then you have to do the following:
1) Find the language files for your admin panel here: WordPress in Your Language.
2) On your site server, create a new folder in your /wp-content OR /wp-includes directory called /languages.
3) Move your language files to that directory. Remember the name of the file (language code. For example, the language code for english is en_US.
4) Unzip “Admin in English” plugin and open admin-in-english.php
5) Find the line called “return ‘en_US’;” and chang en_US to your language code.
6) Save the file and move the whole folder to /wp-content/plugins via FTP.
7) Activate “Admin in English” plugin and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!